Documents and Resources Created by or Directly Informing CHIP Diabetes Workgroup:
- CHIP Diabetes Work Plan: This spreadsheet outlines in detail the main action steps the workgroup has agreed to take on and the status of specific items. This document will be updated regularly.
- Clinical Referral Tool: This PDF is a tool to help local clinicians and service providers who refer clients one of the various community-based, evidence-based diabetes prevention/management programs in Buncombe County. It is arranged by the client's readiness to change, and includes not only program cost, length, contact info, etc., but also specific information on which client barriers (transportation, etc.) the program directly addresses. (Must be printed on LEGAL size paper.
Documents and Resources CHIP Diabetes Workgroup May Find Useful:
- CDC Pre-diabetes Screening Test: This is a PDF of a tool with 7 simple questions that can be asked in person or over the phone to assess risk for pre-diabetes.
- Alliance to Reduce Disparities in Diabetes: This website has a wealth of information from infographics to webinars to a heavy focus on policy change recommendations--all focused on reducing the disparities in diabetes outcomes.
- The Community Guide's Recommendations for Diabetes Prevention & Control: This web page summarizes the research-supported best-practices in community interventions to prevent diabetes.